The document on use of the accreditation logo & symbols in the United Kingdom and with application for all UKAS-accredited entities was reissued by Department of Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) on 15 February 2017 and is available via a link from the Publications area of the UKAS website.
The revision takes into account of the change from Department of Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) to BEIS. There is no significant change to content.
The new document BEIS Accreditation Logo & Symbols replaces URN/BIS/16/25. Note that it no longer has a ‘URN’ reference and should, therefore, be referred by name.
Certified clients of Certification Bodies, such as those that hold UKAS-accredited ISO 14001:2015 certificates, can use the appropriate UKAS mark and their Certification Body’s Logo in accordance with B 1.2 and the Certification Body’s own procedures.
Certification Bodies can use the UKAS mark in accordance with the main text and the following Appendices as appropriate:
- Appendix A: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Testing and Calibration Laboratories, Medical Laboratories and Diagnostic Services
- Appendix B: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Certification Bodies and their certified Clients
- Appendix C: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Inspection Accreditation
- Appendix D: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Proficiency Testing Providers
- Appendix E: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Reference Material Producers
- Appendix F: Requirements and National Accreditation Symbols for Verification Bodies
- Appendix H: Use of the Symbols for Multiple Accreditations
It should be noted that the guidance in Appendix G: National Accreditation Logo is restricted to UKAS. The UKAS mark should not be reproduced in advertisements, articles or publications referring to the work of UKAS without permission from UKAS.